Print

After seeing John Stefka's post about the warbler migration in the Goshutes, Mark and I decided to stop by Ferguson Springs on our way back to Elko yesterday.  This spring is located right off of  Alt Hwy 93 about 20 miles from Wendover.  This is the dirt road that leads to the Goshute Hawk watch area. The spring had water.  There was not a lot of activity there. We ate a picnic lunch and birded here for about one hour.

Birds seen:
Two female Tennessee Warblers
Several Yellow Rump Warblers
2 Lincoln Sparrows
6+ White crowned sparrows
1 N. flicker
1 Great horned owl
3 Mountain Chickadees

Also of note the small springsnail species is still thriving in the water cress along the spring flow.
Also a small species of frog was found which we need to key out still.

Lois Ports