Print

I was at Paradise Park in Reno a short while ago and spotted a pied-billed grebe with what appears to be a wad of fishing line stuck to its bill. The bird appears weak. When I approached, it swam off only a short distance. It didn't dive at all. Is there anything that can (or should) be done here? It's in the northwest corner of the pond closest to the corner of Oddie and El Rancho.There's a patch of reeds near the culvert between the two northernmost ponds. I lost sight of the bird near that patch of reeds.
Miles Shaylor
Reno