Print

Miller's Rest Stop, Esmeralda Co (5/1/12).  2:45pm-4:30

We visited Miller's this afternoon for the first time this spring.  A beautiful day, sunny & warm becoming a little breezy shortly before we left.  There weren't a whole lot of birds--and nothing unusual--but a reasonable selection for the time of year.  The outdoor water hasn't been turned on yet & the lawn & watering basins were quite dry, so much of the action was around the stand pipes which we set to drip.  Here's the complete list (19 species

Rock Dove--c.25
Mourning Dove--1
Eurasian Collared Dove--12-13
Gray Flycatcher--1