Help for WV-BIRD Archives

WV-BIRD Archives

WV-BIRD@LIST.AUDUBON.ORG

WV-BIRD Home

WV-BIRD  December 2010

WV-BIRD December 2010

Alpine Lake--E. Grebe, S. Goose + Ross's Geese & Fox Sparrow

Mon, 6 Dec 2010 10:59:00 GMT

I was at Alpine Lake Saturday afternoon and in addition to what Terry Bronson reported,
I had the following; One each Ring-billed and Herring Gull
One each female Common Goldeneye and female Ring-necked DuckRedhead on the extreme far side of the lake.Red-tailed Hawk sitting in a tree at the edge of the field at the Alpine Lake entrance.
Two Red-taileds in the field at the intersection of route 7 and the Alpine Lake rd.American Kestrel along route 7 between Evan's Curve, outside of Terra Alta, and the top of Briery Mtn. Highlight of the day were two Ross's Geese in a flock of Canadas in a field in the Masontown area.  These were the first Ross's I've seen in the state since I found some on Alpine Lake with Matt Orsie in 2002 (the  year I had 5 goose species in Preston County). Two Red-taileds and American Kestrel in the UDC area. Fox Sparrow at the feeders on Saturday. Sorry for the belated rpt, but I was having connectivity problems this weekend with either my PC, or ISP. Gary Felton - Kingwood  ---------- Original Message ----------