NVBIRDS Archives

discussion about Nevada's bird life

From:
Jeff Bleam <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Jeff Bleam <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 20 Oct 2016 06:26:41 -0700
Took a hike with my pal Kaja with here freedom collar.  Cool morning but
very pleasant at the end of the hike.  All the regulars with all 3
NUTHATCHES (RED-BREASTED, WHITE-BREASTED, and PYGMY).  The Aspens were
changing colors and there was a great view across Dry Pond with Mt. Rose in
snow after the last storm.  Of note was a small gray bird I saw but it
didn't sit still enough to get a good look but my impression was a
Titmouse.  Right color and size, long tail, and alone unlike the Bushtits
that travel in packs and are very vocal.

Photos here:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/byjcb/

eBird cklist:

Jeff Bleam